Monday, October 25, 2010

Response to Task Three Question





I think our education system for the most part overall is effective. Could it be better in certain areas? absolutely. I think for the student that attends most suburban schools or huge public schools, the education will be good and will prepare you for in college. That doesn't count the poor or inner city schools who struggle to get the books they need just to teach a certain class and cover certain material. You also have to take into consideration how teachers all teach differently and schools have different expectations and different agendas. It's very important for schools to keep up with the technology so we are familiar with it and understand. This will help us be able to come up with new technology faster if no one falls behind. I don't think we should add or take away any years of schooling. It's already predicted that the older we get it will take more years of schooling just to compete for a job. taking away schooling such as middle school for example can only hurt our education system. Everybody knows how there early teen years are the worst because of hormones and kids developing at different rates and figuring out who they are. At least I know how I was in junior high and I definitely needed those years to develop and get prepared for high school. But for the most part as far as I can see at least my education has been effective for me and no huge changes should be added to our education system.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kirk,

    Is this something you intend on continuing in Task Three? I would be interested to hear from your personal experiences about these claims.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete