Monday, September 6, 2010

Response Question to Rite of Passage

     My grandmother Loree was the greatest grandmother anyone could ever have. She had the biggest impact of my life out of all my grandparents. She was my fathers mother. My dad grew up with an older brother, sister and younger sister. my fathers dad was around to help raise him to say the least. He was an alcoholic and no one ever knew where he was when he was gone. So he put it up to my grandma to raise these four kids. And she did this and more. Working two jobs and double shifts around the little town of Spencer, Iowa, she managed to give her kids everything they needed and more while raising them to the best of her ability.
     From the moment my siblings and I were born, she was there being the best grandmother she could be. whether it be babysitting, changing dippers, telling us stories, making sure me and my brother weren't torturing our sister too much, or just being there general because she wanted to be a big part of our lives growing. And for that I will always cherish and hold close to my heart. One of the memories I have spending time with my grandma was on a weekend. My dad had drove me down to her house because I wanted to stay with her a couple of days. We did everything and anything I wanted. She spoiled me at the very least even though she couldn't afford it. My grandmother isn't with us anymore physically but I know she is watching very closely and is very proud of her favorite grand kids.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kirk,

    Thank you for sharing. Because you focus on one specific relative, as readers you share specific stories with us. Rather if you focused on several relatives and you provide very base characteristics of each. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete